Our History


In 1865 a primary school was opened at the corner of Dandenong Road and Clayton Road, to serve the whole of the Clayton district. The school was named Mulgrave Common School No. 734 and was once surrounded by farms and bushland and children walked or rode to school on horses.  It was later renamed Clayton North Primary School in 1954.